Thursday, June 30, 2011

please destroy me this way



this piece was inspired by the painting you see
above done by Alfie Ebojo aka Alfienumeric...those
of you who visit this blog regularly know that i
recognize her as a dope artist out of the City of
Angels. check more of her work out here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/alfienumeric

--------------------------------------

please
destroy me this way
let those dreams i left scattered to the winds
come back as two-toned sparrows
with voices like Spanish bells
let every fear i had
shrivel like the pits of peaches
half-eaten on the sides of roads

please
let me lose myself
in woven sunlight that promises
to knit futures before my eyes
and tell everyone that means something to me
thank you for your prayers
i am stitching them to my sides now

please
let me soar
into a horizon beyond fingertips and despair
where i used to be so long ago
and let these years in front of me
not listen to those
i've left behind.

6.11-30.11

No comments: